The Physical Research Laboratory, Gujarat invites applications from meritorious candidates for the position of Post-Doctoral Fellows at the institute.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) in research areas of the Laboratory is offered for a maximum period of two years. The extension to 2nd year is subject to the satisfactory annual progress review. Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis or those who are about to submit their Ph.D. thesis can apply. In the case of selection, the candidate will be required to submit the thesis submission certificate at the time of joining PRL.
- Doctorate (Ph. D.)/ thesis submitted for Ph.D. in any field of Science or Engineering. However, the area of research should be compatible and related to those pursued in PRL.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Science or Engineering with first class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for the interview. Only after the initial screening of the application and considering the merit of the submitted research proposal, the candidates found suitable will be called for an interview at PRL.
- A thesis submitted but Ph.D. degree awaited by the scholar ₹ 47,000/- per month
- With Ph.D. degree/from the day of application for Fellowship Enhancement after the Ph.D. degree is formally awarded by the University/Institute ₹ 49,000/- per month
- External PDF applicant holding a Ph.D. degree + 2 or more than 2 years of PDF/ Research Associate experience (experience certificate will be required at the time of application) ₹ 54,000/- per month.
In addition to the Fellowship mentioned above, the Post-doctoral Fellows are eligible for accommodation facility as per existing PRL Rules. If accommodation is not provided, HRA will be paid as per PRL rules. If the accommodation provided is refused by PDF on his/her own volition then HRA will not be paid.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates are requested to submit the application along with the following documents only by email to email@example.com:
- Scanned copy of the Application in the prescribed format.
- Abstract of Ph.D. thesis
- List of Publications
- Research proposal (maximum of 2000 words) and to be prepared in consultation with the proposed PRL supervisor
- Detailed Bio-data with details of educational qualifications, age, work experience, etc.
At the time of the interview, the candidates are required to produce original documents of the following: No Objection Certificate, from the employer concerned in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies.
The last date to submit your applications is May 31, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org