The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics invites applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Fellow at the institute.
The successful candidate shall primarily work on developing pipeline tools for post-processing of the data and testing the tools using ground calibration data. He or she will also be involved in the design, simulations, assembly, integration and testing of the SUIT payload. The candidate will work with the SUIT team mostly at IUCAA but should be willing to spend extended time at collaborating facilities of ISRO and other institutes.
- Candidates who have either submitted their Ph.D. thesis or are already holding a Ph.D. in Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Astronomical Instrumentation or other related areas can apply.
- Some basic skills in programming with Matlab, Interactive Data Language (IDL) and/or Python will be useful.
- Familiarity in Solar Physics and Solar data analysis will be preferred.
- The candidate should be willing to learn the requisite abilities quickly.
As per IUCAA norms which are Rs. 54,000/- per month at present.
Initially for three years (annually reviewed and renewable based on the performance)
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates should submit (i) A Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications, (ii) A brief report on the past research activity (Max 1 page), (iii) Motivation for this job and future research plans (Max 3 pages) and (iv) Three confidential letters of reference sent directly by the persons recommending to firstname.lastname@example.org for full consideration. In your email application, please mention in the subject line ‘Application for a SUIT Payload PDF Fellowship’.
- For further information regarding the positions please contact either Prof. A.N. Ramaprakash (email@example.com) or Prof. Durgesh Tripathi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The last date to apply is October 29, 2019.
Email ID: email@example.com