Applications are invited for the Temporary Positions of Post Doctoral Fellow to work under Research, Innovation and Quality Improvement – RUSA 2.0
About the University
The University of Madras or Madras University is a public state university in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Established in 1857, it is one of the oldest universities in India, incorporated by an Act of Legislative Council of India under the British government.
It is a collegiate research university and has six campuses in the city at Chepauk, Marina, Guindy, Taramani, Maduravoyal, and Chetpet. It offers more than 230 courses under 87 academic departments of post-graduate teaching and research grouped under 18 schools, covering diverse areas such as sciences, social sciences, humanities, management, and medicine along with 121 affiliated colleges and 53 approved research institutions.
Theme of the project
Development Of Drugs From Natural Resources For Biomedical Applications
Title/ Research Area
Modulatory effect of Celastrus paniculatus on neuroimmuno endocrine network in neurodegenerative diseases.
Number of Position
Post Doctoral Fellow: 1(One)
- M.Sc., and Ph.D., in Physiology with 60%marks in M.Sc.
- A good academic record and working experience in animal handling, RAT stereotaxic and Molecular biology techniques, Tissue culture techniques will be preferred.
Post Doctoral Fellow Salary Rs.55,000/- per month (Consolidated)
Duration of the Post
Duration One Year (Extendable depending on performance)
- The post is to be filled up on a purely temporary basis. The duration of the post is co-terminable with the project.
- No TA/DA etc. will be given to attend the interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified for an interview by e-mail or SMS
- The Candidates send the CV, copies of relevant certificates, and proof for experience/ publications if any, to The Principal Investigator, Department of Physiology, Dr.ALM PGIBMS, University of Madras, Taramani, Chennai-600 113 through Post.
- The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill up the above posts.
How to Apply?
- The cover should be superscribed as “Project Fellow postcode ………….. under RUSA 2.0 Project”.
- Applicants should provide contact Phone no, email address, and residential address for immediate intimation and if shortlisted will be called for an interview.
- Applicants may also be submitted their applications through e-mail ravindran89[at]gmail.com.
The last date for submission of the filled-in application is 12.05.2021 up to 5.00 P.M.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- CfHE Fellowship Program 2021 at IIT Hyderabad: Apply by May 15
- Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships 2022-23 by USIEF: Apply by July 15