Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) invites applications for a post of Research Associate-II (Post Doctoral Research Fellow) and Senior Project Associate at the institute under various funded projects.
The post details are given below.
1. Post-Doctoral Fellow/ Research Associate-II (01)
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) invites applications for a post of Research Associate-II (Post Doctoral Research Fellow) in a DST sponsored Swarnajayanti Research Project, awarded to Santanu Misra (PI), Department of Earth Sciences, IIT Kanpur.
The successful candidate should complement and add values in the newly developed high-pressure temperature experimental rock deformation laboratory.
The successful candidate would be the key person in driving the project along with the PI. The candidate is expected to design and run the critical experiments, analyze, interpret, and present the data. Additionally, the candidate should assist the PI in running the laboratory and guiding the research of Ph.D. students.
- The candidate must have a Ph.D. degree (provisional or awarded) in Earth Sciences (preferably Structural Geology, Rock Mechanics, or Solid Earth Geophysics) and working experience in experimental laboratories.
- The general research specialization of the candidate should be the mechanics of materials, rheology, quantitative microstructure, and texture analysis.
- The research experience should be evident from the peer-reviewed publications of the candidate.
- Skills like, high proficiency in written and spoken English MATLAB are advantageous.
Rs 49000/- per month (fixed) + 16% HRA. The successful candidate initially is employed for one year which can be extended to three more years based on the performance.
How to Apply?
- The application must contain a cover letter; a detailed CV (highlighting the candidate’s education, training, research interests, full publication list, and contact details) and names of two referees with their e-mail addresses.
- Do not include any certificate, grade card, mark-sheet, etc. in the application.
- All documents, as attachments, should be sent via e-mail to Mr. Rahul Kumar (email@example.com) on or before 20th June 2020.
- The selection will be based on the Zoom/Skype online interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed with an email about the date of the interview.
2. Senior Project Associate
Applications are invited for the position of Senior Project Associate to work in the project “Strengthening Regulatory Research & Network in the Power Sector” under the Centre for Energy Regulation. The Post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
Rs. 21600-1800-54000 PM Consolidated. (Higher starting salary may be considered for exceptionally qualified/experienced candidates as per IITK Rules)
One year or till the end of the project whichever is earlier.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 10, 2020. The Selection will be based on the Zoom/ Skype online interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed with an email about the date of the interview.
Phone Number: +91-5122596812
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org