The Indian Council for Medical Research, New Delhi invites applications from meritorious candidates for the centenary Post-Doctoral Scheme for the year 2020.
CMR PDF Scheme is being instituted to foster high-quality research opportunities to promising fresh Ph.D./ MD/MS holders in the cutting edge areas of basic science, communicable and noncommunicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition at ICMR Institutes /Centers.
Special focus will be on fundamental research in areas of science and other priority areas identified by ICMR from time to time. ICMR intends to offer fifty (50), such fellowships, every year for working in ICMR Institutes/Centers with state-of-art R&D facilities. These fellowships will be allocated by Director General, ICMR, depending upon the needs of the Institute/Centre.
- Fresh PhDs/MD/MS within three years of completing their Ph.D./MD/MS degree (awarded) and also those who have received their provisional Ph.D./MD/MS degree can apply. Degree copy to be submitted as on the last date of the application form.
- The Post Doctoral proposed research work should be the continuation of the Ph.D. or MD/MS research work. If not, then the application will not be considered.
- PDF Guide should be having the minimum designation of Scientist-C grade.
- Postgraduate medical students are also permitted to carry out ICMR’s PDF in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein a minimum of three batches has obtained their postgraduate degree.
- ICMR PDF is open to Indian nationals only.
- Two years only and extendable for maximum one more year based on outstanding performance and recommendations by the Director/Officer-in-Charge of the concerned ICMR Institutes/ Centers.
- In the event of the PDF leaving before completing one year, he/she will have to refund the fellowship drawn by him/her from the date of joining to the date of leaving the fellowship.
- ICMR PDFs will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Rs. 50,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA), Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) as admissible and a contingency grant of Rs. 3.0 lakhs per annum.
- 25% of the contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can download the application form by clicking here.
Applications duly filled in the prescribed format and complete in all respect should be sent: Director-General, Attention: Dr. N.C. Jain, Scientist -G & Head, Division of Human Resource Planning and Development, Indian Council of Medical Research Headquarters, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029. The last date to apply is June 30, 2020.
“Application for ICMR CENTENARY –Post Doctoral Fellowship” should clearly be written on top of the envelope containing application form.
For further details, click here.