Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for a postdoctoral position in the Department of Physics, IIT Ropar. The position will be funded by IIT Ropar under the Institute postdoctoral fellowship programme.
The successful candidate will work on topics related to black holes, quantum field theory, supersymmetry and holography under the supervision of Rajesh Gupta. Candidate should have a strong research background on perturbative and non-perturbative aspects in field theory, AdS/CFT and black hole physics. Preference will be given to applicants with expertise in the area of supersymmetric gauge theories in diverse dimensions, including various exact techniques such as supersymmetric localisation and superconformal index.
- Candidates with Ph.D. degree in Physics are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible. However, in case of selection, selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining.
- Candidates completed Ph.D. under the supervision/co-supervision by faculty members of IIT Ropar can only apply after 3 years of completion of their Ph.D.
- We expect the candidate must have good communication and writing skills in English.
- Fellowship: As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification).
- Contingency grant: A contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum will be provided to the postdoctoral fellow for research purposes.
Please send the filled application form (in the attached format) with copy of educational qualifications, two recommendation letters, and any experience certificate either by email to (rajesh.gupta[at]iitrpr.ac.in) or by post directly to the undersigned.