The Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for the postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Dr. M.V. Sunil Krishna focused on the “Study of thermospheric and mesospheric cooling by Nitric Oxide radiative emissions”.
The Department of Physics at IIT Roorkee from its modest beginning in 1960 has now grown into an active center of quality teaching and research. Today it stands as one of the leading departments in the country, well known for its excellence in teaching and research.
The candidate is expected to work on combining satellite and ground-based data with global models for the better understanding of the atmospheric phenomena.
- Ph.D. in Physics/ Atmospheric Physics/ Space Physics/ Computational Physics/ Meteorology.
- Candidates who have recently submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of the award of Ph.D. degree at the time of interview at IIT Roorkee if shortlisted.
- The prospective candidate is expected to have a strong background in the area of Atmospheric and Space Physics especially related to the space weather, mesospheric and thermospheric structure, dynamics, and processes.
- Knowledge of data analysis methods, numerical and analytical modeling techniques with a strong programming background are essential.
- Prior experience of working with global atmospheric models such as TIE-GCM, WACCM-X, CESM will be an added advantage.
The duration of the fellowship will be of two years extendable to one more year, if necessary. The candidate is expected to join the Department as soon as the offer letter has been released. The fellow will receive a consolidated fellowship of Rs. 55,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 60,000 for the third year in addition to the contingency grant of Rs. 50,000/-per annum.
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply with cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications (with the most significant publications highlighted), a research statement describing past research and plans for future research in the context of the title of a project by email to email@example.com (and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Last date for the submission of application is 25th August 2020. Department intends to fill the position by 10th September 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post Doctoral Fellowship at IIT Roorkee [Salary Upto Rs 55k]: Apply by Jul 28.