Applications are invited for the position of Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) for all division and research programs of Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology, Guwahati.
Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST) is a premier scientific research organization in the north-east region, IASST was conceived and nurtured by the Assam Science Society in its initial years and was inaugurated by Noble Laureate Dorothy C. Hodgkin on 3rd November 1979.
No. of Posts
- Completed Ph.D. with following subject/ area. Candidate who has submitted their Ph.D. thesis can also apply.
- Basic and applied Plasma Physics: Basic and applied Plasma Physics.
- Advanced Material Sciences: Condensed Matter Physics/Materials Science, Experimental soft and nano materials.
- Traditional Knowledge Based Drug Development & Delivery: (i) Proteomics and (ii) Cell biology and cellular signaling.
- Biodiversity and Echo system research: Chemo-Bio treatment of contaminated area.
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition.
Candidate should have sound knowledge of running common analytical/laboratory instruments related to his/her research field, which is evident by at least 3 first author publications in peer-reviewed national and international journals.
Upper age limit is 35 years at the time of the application. Relaxation as per GoI rules.
As per the DST National PostDoctoral Fellow guidelines including admissible HRA at Guwahati.
Appointment will be for a period of 12 (twelve) months which may be extended for six months depending on the satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Those in employment should submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the concerned employer.
- Those have submitted Ph.D. thesis should produce a thesis submission certificate from the Controller of Examination/ Registrar.
- Appointment and payment will be strictly as per IASST/DST rules and guidelines.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidate should apply through online within twenty-one days of publication of the advertisement. Only short listed candidates will be called for the interview (via E-mail).
- The candidate should upload self-attested documents as mentioned in the online application. Further, they must have to bring their original mark-sheets, certificates and other credential if, called for interview.
- Shortlisted candidates may appear before the interview board through video conferencing, subject to prior approval.
August 20, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) at IASST, Guwahati.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: