Self-motivated candidates are invited to apply for a post-doctoral position in the group of Dr. Partha S. Dutta, Department of Mathematics, IIT Ropar.
The candidate will be working on “Critical Transitions and its Indicators in Living Systems. The position is contractual (renewable up to a maximum for three years based on satisfactory progress and relevant recommendations), and will be funded by the IIT Ropar under the institute postdoctoral fellowship program.
The Indian Institute of Technology Ropar is an engineering, science, and technology higher education institute located in Rupnagar, Punjab, India.
- Ph.D. degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible.
- However, in the case of selection, the selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases).
- Should have expertise in stochastic process, statistics, and dynamical systems.
- Adequate programming knowledge of MATLAB/ C++/ R/ Python is needed.
- Good quality publications in peer-reviewed journals.
As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before the viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification).
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Completely filled and signed application form (enclosed) along with bio-data and two recommendation letters should be sent to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified through email. The last date to apply is September 20, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post Doctoral Fellow (Computer Sc Engg) at IIT Roorkee: Apply by Sep 25.