The Functional Materials Laboratory (FML) at the Materials Science and Engineering Department at IITGN is looking for an exceptionally bright postdoctoral researcher to conduct interdisciplinary research focusing on soft lithography techniques and dewetting applications.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
Wetting properties of micro-patterned glass. The project is aimed at micro-patterning the glass surfaces and investigating their dewetting properties via Lotus leaf and SLIPS (slippery liquid impregnated porous surfaces) approaches. The required master molds will be obtained from cleanroom facilities or commercially or from Nature.
- A Ph.D. in Chemical/ Materials science/ Fluid Mechanics/ Chemistry/ Micro-engineering or allied fields, with good publication records.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis are also eligible.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in experimental research, data acquisition and critical analysis, and oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must have prior experience in one or more of these topics-contact angle measurements, lithography techniques, transport phenomena and familiar or willing to learn materials characterization techniques such as SEM, ellipsometry, profilometry, XPS, etc.
- The candidate should be highly self-motivated and capable of propelling the project with his/ her own creative abilities and enthusiasm.
INR 45,000 to 55,000 per month as per institute norms (based on experience and qualifications).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must send their curriculum vitae, Ph.D. degree/ provisional certificate, and a cover letter explaining how their previous research expertise and interests would fit the current position requirements, their motivation for this position, and future career goals. The CV must contain contact details of three references.
All the documents must be submitted as a single pdf file to Prof. Sriharitha Rowthu (email@example.com).
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT Roorkee [Monthly Salary Rs. 55k]: Apply by Aug 25.