IIT Gandhinagar invites applications from meritorious individuals for the positions of a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Physics.
A one-year postdoctoral position (12 months) funded by IIT-Gandhinagar at Physics Discipline with Prof. Arpan Bhattacharyya, is available with a possibility of extension subject to availability of fund, appropriate review by physics discipline and approval from institute.
A successful candidate is expected to conduct research on aspects of quantum information in the AdS/ CFT correspondence, conformal ﬁeld theory, complexity in quantum ﬁeld theories and various aspects of recent developments in gravitational physics particularly focusing on Black-hole physics and preferably have some experience with numerics.
- The candidate should hold a Ph.D. degree in physics, preferably not longer than 3 years. Candidates who are have submitted there thesis or, are about to submit may also apply.
- Such candidate if selected will be appointed initially as Research Associate and latter will be promoted to postdoc after obtaining the Ph.D. degree.
- Strong record of publications in at least one of the following topics is required: Holography and AdS/CFT, Conformal Field theory, Quantum Information in Quantum Field Theory, Tensor Networks, Circuit Complexity, Black-hole physics, and quasi-normal modes analysis.
Salary will vary from Rs: 45,000- 60,000 /- and will be decided depending on the experience of the candidate following institute norm. There will be a one-time contingency of Rs: 1,00,000/.
How to Apply?
The candidate should provide the following documents:
- Application for the position (Cover Letter). In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the ﬁle should contain a scanned signature.
- CV including the list of publications.
- A short research statement (not more than 2 pages).
- 3 letters of recommendation. Letters of Reference should be sent to the following email id: email@example.com
- A Ph.D. diploma (a formal conﬁrmation of Ph.D. degree or expected date of graduation in case of the candidate still waiting for the degree). A successful candidate should submit originals.
- The candidate should make sure that all documents are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org preferably by 15th June 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com