IIM Udaipur invites applications from young, meritorious candidates for the vacant position of a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Marketing Area.
This opening is for a post-doctoral position where the candidate will be working as a research associate and manager for a large MHRD funded project. The work will involve helping plan the research projects and assist in executing them. There will be some field travel involved.
This is a research position in an academic setting. You will assist with:
- Data collection, database creation, and data analysis – both qualitative and quantitative. The faculty will help you train on methods as necessary to do your job
- Literature search, summary, presentation and writing
- Other research project related work including but not limited to fieldwork planning, setting up lab and field experiments, conducting in-depth interviews and managing the research project(s).
Must have a Ph.D. Degree in Business / Management. Candidates from the Marketing area will be preferred.
- An open mind to learning new concepts, creativity, and hard work
- Statistical analysis/coding skills in Stata, R, SPSS, SAS, Python, C++ (any/ many)
- Skills in using NVIVO/ RQDA or other qualitative analysis packages is a plus
- Good English writing skills is a plus
- MBA from a top-tier institute is a plus
- The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and absolute commitment to task completion.
IIMU is a research-intensive institution. You may attend regular workshops by both residents as well as visiting faculty members where research papers are presented and discussed.
This particular project provides the opportunity to work with senior marketing faculty from the USA and learn from the process. In addition, the faculty, both residents and from the USA, are encouraging and supportive of research and would do the utmost to help you build your research as well as your network.
How to Apply?
- Applications will be screened until the position is filled.
- Please apply with your current CV and a covering letter.
- In the cover letter, please state your career goals, how this post-doc position fits with your career plans, and why you think you are a good fit for this position.
- To apply online, click here.