Applications are invited for Post Doctoral Fellow (Humanities and Social Sciences) at IIT Gandhinagar for the year 2021. The last date of application is 15 August.
Indigenous Heritage as a Facilitator for Sustainable Development Goals.
We are looking for an exceptionally bright postdoctoral researcher to conduct interdisciplinary research focusing on Indigenous Heritage as a Facilitator for Sustainable Development Goals. The PDF is expected to develop:
- a new culturally-informed model for using cultural heritage to facilitate sustainable development goals;
- protocols to protect indigenous cultural heritage and intellectual rights, as a basis for developing culturally informed, viable and sustainable economic opportunities for Indigenous groups;
- new and experimental methods in archaeology which have been utilised by archaeologists in places like Australia when working with indigenous artifacts and indigenous heritage, but are hitherto unknown or highly undeveloped in the South Asian academy; and
- data collection including oral histories of indigenous communities in northeast (Naga) and west India (Bhil) and Australia, collect archival data, and develop indigenous cultural and intellectual property protocols.
Eligibility: A PhD in Cultural Anthropology/ Heritage Sustainability/ Ethnoarchaeology/ Social Archaeology/ Indigenous Archaeology/ or allied fields, with good publication record. Applicants are expected to be proficient in (a) field research, (b) data acquisition and critical analysis, and (c) oral and written communication skills.
Preferred: Scholars (below 35 years of age) having field research experience on the Nagas, Bhils or Australian Aborigines, publications on indigenous communities, and interest in heritage and wellbeing.
Interested candidates must send their curriculum vitae (max. 800 words), Ph.D. and Master degree/Marksheet and a cover letter with project title in subject (Max. 400 words) explaining how their previous research expertise and interests would fit the current position requirements, their motivation for this position and future career goals.
The CV must contain contact details of three references. All the documents must be submitted as a single pdf file to Alok Kumar Kanungo (alok.kanungo[at]iitgn.ac.in).
August 15, 2021 or until this posts are filled.
The initial appointment will be for one year.
INR 40,000/- to 45,000/- per month as per experience and qualifications + HRA/on campus accommodation + benefit as per Institution norms.
Click here to view the official notification of Post Doctoral Fellow (Humanities and Social Sciences) at IIT Gandhinagar.
You may also be interested in:
- GATE 2022 [Exam on Feb 5, 6, 12 & 13]: Registrations Start from Aug 30
- JOB POST: TGT [Social Science, Mathematics] at Sainik School Kalikiri, Andhra Pradesh: Apply by Aug 7