The Department of Hydrology at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for a Post-Doctoral position on a project entitled “Exploring the Efficacy of Current Municipal Wastewater (Sewage) Treatment Technologies Towards Bacteria and Antibiotic Resistance.”
The Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research.
- The prospective candidate should have Postgraduation/ M.Tech. and Ph.D, in Environmental Engineering/ Science or related subject(s) with first-class at Graduation and Postgraduation levels with a minimum of two (2) years experience.
- The candidate should have a specialization in Microbiological role/ usage in wastewater treatment systems including natural treatment systems like Phytoremediation.
- The candidate should have quality publications.
- Candidates who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of award of Ph.D. at the time of interview and also fulfill all the abovementioned criteria.
- The prospective candidate is expected to have a sound understanding of the areas of Municipal Wastewater microbiology and treatment.
- The candidate should have expertise in field-scale monitoring of water/ wastewater from a variety of sources and its Physical, Chemical, and Microbial analysis.
- The candidate is also expected to have knowledge of working on sewage treatment plants and constructed wetland systems.
The duration of the fellowship will be of two years extendable by one more year, if necessary.
- First & Second Year: Rs. 55,000/- per month
- Third Year: Rs.60, 000/- per month (if extended)
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply with cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications, a research statement describing past research, and plans for future research by both regular and e-mail to email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to apply is August 31, 2020.
Phone Number: +911332284336
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow & Sr. Project Engineer at IIT Kanpur: Apply by Aug 14.