Applications are invited for one post of Project Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Cyber-Physical Systems Laboratory in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kanpur. The project is funded by DRDO.
The Cyber-Physical Systems Laboratory is engaged in research in various aspects related to the development of autonomous systems, with a special focus on multi-robot systems. We apply techniques from AI and formal methods to solve challenging problems in the domain of robotics and automation.
The lab is equipped with a high precision motion capture system and various robots, including mobile ground robots, quadcopters, and a humanoid robot. Recent successes of the lab include the development of a scalable coverage algorithm for a robot swarm, algorithms for energy-efficient design of warehouse employing mobile robots, and deep neural network-based control of a quadcopter.
Automated Synthesis of Motion Plans for Large-Scale Multi-Robot Systems from Complex Specifications.
- Ph.D (Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering).
- Strong Software development skills in C++.
- Experience in working with ROS and real robotic systems.
- Prior research experience in one of the following areas: (a) Formal Methods, (b) Artificial Intelligence (c) Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems, (d) Robot Motion Planning, (e) Internet of Things.
The Candidate would be responsible for carrying out cutting-edge research in the area of AI and formal methods for robotics and automation. The candidate is expected to develop algorithms for autonomous vehicles, implement the algorithms as software systems, evaluate the system through simulation, and finally test it on real robotic systems.
The candidate is expected to work independently and also in collaboration with graduate and undergraduate students and produce high-quality research results that lead to publications in top conferences and journals.
50,000 (Year 1) / 55,000 (Year 2) / 60,000 (Year 3)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should contain the following:
- Current curriculum vitae including all educational/academic details and a complete list of publications/ patents
- Statement of Purpose highlighting the major research contribution during Ph.D., the reasons for applying, and the career goal.
The last date to apply is September 24, 2019.
Email ID: email@example.com