The Department of Computer Science & Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for Postdoctoral Position for working on a project focused on “Emotion enabled sign language recognition using multiple sensors”.
- Good publication record in Image Processing/Computer Vision/Pattern Recognition/Machine Learning and Ph.D. in one of these research areas (Image Processing/Computer Vision/Pattern Recognition/Machine Learning).
- Candidate must have knowledge of traditional and deep feature extraction for machine learning and good background knowledge in signal processing.
- Candidates who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of award of Ph.D. degree at the time of interview.
How to apply?
Candidates can apply with cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications (with the most significant publications highlighted), research statement describing past research and plans for future research by both regular and email, to: Dr. Partha Pratim Roy (Associate Professor), Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee – 247 667. Uttarakhand, India.
- The fellow will receive a consolidated fellowship as below in addition to the contingency grant of ₹ 50,000/-per annum.
- First two years: ₹ 55,000/- per month
- Third-year: ₹ 60,000/- per month (If extended)
Dr. Partha Pratim Roy
E-mail: partha[at]cs.iitr.ac.in, 2partharoy[at]gmail.com
Phone: +91-1332-284816 (office)