Self-motivated candidates are invited to apply for one post-doctoral position in the group of Dr. Soumyajit Das, Department of Chemistry, IIT Ropar. The candidate will be working on a project on the development of novel diradicaloid π-conjugated polycyclic hydrocarbons.
The position is contractual (renewable up to three years based on satisfactory progress and relevant recommendations), and will be funded by the IIT Ropar under the institute post-doctoral fellowship program.
The Indian Institute of Technology Ropar is an engineering, science, and technology higher education institute located in Rupnagar, Punjab, India.
- Ph.D. degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible.
- However, in the case of selection, the selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases).
- Candidates completed Ph.D. supervised/ co-supervised by faculty members from IIT Ropar can apply after 3 years of completion of their Ph.D.
- Should have expertise in organic synthesis, including handling of air/moisture sensitive reactions and chemicals.
- Should be able to characterize the synthesized molecules using basic analytical techniques such as NMR, SC-XRD, MS, etc.
- Good quality publications.
- Good speaking and writing skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Gaussian (DFT calculation) will be given preference.
As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before the viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification)
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Completely filled and signed application form (enclosed) along with bio-data and two recommendation letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified through email. The last date to apply is September 20, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post Doctoral Fellow (Computer Sc Engg) at IIT Roorkee: Apply by Sep 25.