IIT Ropar invites applications from dedicated and hardworking candidates for the “ONE” postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Dr. Rajendra Srivastava, Department of Chemistry.
The candidate will be working on “The development of heterogeneous catalysts for photocatalytic/electrocatalytic production of fuels and chemicals”. The position is contractual and renewable for up to two years (Total duration) based on the candidate’s satisfactory performance, which will be renewed each year. The progress of the candidate will be reviewed every six months.
- Ph.D. degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D. OR Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible. However, in the case of selection, the selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases). OR Candidates completed Ph.D. supervised/co-supervised by faculty members from IIT Ropar can apply after 3 years of completion of their Ph.D.
- The candidate should have expertise in photocatalysis and/or electrocatalysis, including experience in synthesizing solid heterogeneous catalysts.
- Having experience in handling and interpreting basic analytical techniques employed in photocatalytic and electrocatalytic measurements and catalysts characterization techniques.
- Good quality publications.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
As per the Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification).
How to apply?
Completely filled and signed application form along with bio-data and two recommendation letters should be sent to the undersigned by email. The application form (word file) can be downloaded by the IIT Ropar website.
The last date for submitting the application form is 30/09/2020
Dr. Rajendra Srivastava
Phone: +9501018189 (Handphone)