Applications are invited for Post Doctoral Fellow (Chemistry) at IIT Gandhinagar for the year 2021. The last date of application is 31 October.
Computational Materials Discovery group at IIT Gandhinagar has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral position. The appointment is on a one-year basis, with a maximum term of two years, subject to satisfactory research performance and continued availability of funding.
High-throughput computational screening and discovery of organic semiconductors.
Essential qualification: Ph.D. in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline [preferably not longer than two years back].
Preferred skills: Prior experience in two or more of the following areas: Density Functional Theory, Ab initio Molecular Dynamics, Classical Molecular Dynamics, and Kinetic Monte Carlo. Excellent programming abilities (preferably in Python, Fortran, or C++), analytical skills, and knowledge of high-performance computing are also required. Expertise in high-throughput computing, machine-learning methods, and optimization methods will be an added advantage.
Candidates must send their applications along with the required documents as a single pdf file to the email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A detailed CV indicating academic track records, fellowships, awards, publications, con- tributed/invited talks and poster presentations, computational expertise, and any other details the candidate would like to furnish.
- One cover letter explaining why the candidate is suitable for the advertised position.
- A short research statement (not more than 2 pages).
- Two letters of recommendations, should be sent directly to the email id: email@example.com.
- A scanned copy of a Ph.D. certificate (a formal confirmation of a Ph.D. degree or thesis expected to be submitted). The selected candidate must provide originals of all degree certificates for verification. Failure to do that will cancel the position.
Rs. 50,000/- per month + HRA (Rs. 10,000/-).
October 31, 2021 or until the position is filled.
Anirban Mondal, Assistant Professor
Chemistry discipline, IIT Gandhinagar
Click here to view the official notification of Post Doctoral Fellow (Chemistry) at IIT Gandhinagar.
You may also be interested in: