Applications are invited for Post Doctoral Fellow (Air Quality) Sustainable Cities Team at WRI for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
The successful candidate will be responsible for air quality monitoring, data analysis, source identification, air pollution dispersion, receptor modeling, data collection from the primary and secondary sources, and technical writing for India locations (Indore and surrounding areas) under the CAC project. The candidate will work closely with air quality experts.
The candidate will be required to independently design the study, data collection, analysis, and scientific research paper writing.
Clean Air Catalyst (CAC): A global partnership for accelerating clean air solutions.
Action to improve and maintain clean air has lagged far behind the mounting evidence of harm. The Clean Air Catalyst seeks to demonstrate a globally applicable approach to developing locally tailored, self-reliant solutions that cut air pollution and improve human health in cities in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Our partnership brings together diverse local stakeholders to address critical information gaps, to build confidence and trust in air pollution information and to advance and institutionalize lasting solutions.
The consortium includes six additional partners: Clean Air Toolbox for Cities (Columbia University), Climate and Clean Air Coalition, Internews Network, MAP-AQ, OpenAQ, and Vital Strategies. We plan to work with local partners in three pilot regions to test and refine a three-part data to action methodology for improving air quality and delivering climate co-benefits.
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering/Civil Engineering/Atmospheric Sciences/Aerosol Science/ Physics/ Climate Sciences or a related quantitative field.
- Strong background in atmospheric science, air quality sampling, air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing/measurement.
- Full-time work experience (optional) with knowledge and use of air quality instruments is desirable after/during Ph.D. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing, with English fluency.
- The appointment for the post is for two years. The appointment will initially be for one year. Renewal will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
The candidate will handle a range of responsibilities. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Research design, Air quality sampling (collection of data through regulatory grade and low-cost instruments), Air quality data analysis, source apportionment study, development of emissions inventory, root cause analysis of air pollution
- Technical reports and paper writing
- Liaise with experts in India (CAC project partners), global experts, and researchers to facilitate the development of high-quality research and pilot design.
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at this page. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
Click here to view the official notification of Post Doctoral Fellow (Air Quality) Sustainable Cities Team at WRI.
You may also be interested in: