The Rural Data and Research Analytics (RuDRA) center is seeking an innovative, self-motivated and results-oriented candidate for the position of a Post-Doctoral Fellow. The holder of this position should have skills in advanced analytics, modern software development for data science applications, and data visualization to work on projects in the domains of natural resources management, education, health care, food security, climate change and sustainability.
- Carry out activities related to accessing, collecting, cleaning, storing, organizing, and integrating data, and creating data pipelines
- Carry out activities related to descriptive and exploratory analyses, predictive modeling, machine learning, simulations, text analytics, social network analysis, computer vision, and data visualization
- Database management
- Web programming skills (backend and frontend) ETL framework data lab
- Create internal and publicly available data products and tools
- Develop a tool to support decision-making when data from many sources are available
- Development of project proposals and reports.
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Maharashtra
Qualifications And Skills Required
- The applicant should have a Ph.D. in computer science or applied mathematics with knowledge on statistics, machine learning, cognitive science or other areas relevant to the themes.
- The applicant should have publication records in top conferences or journals in machine learning, AI or NLP.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python programming, R programming, Probability & Statistic, DBMS, Data Visualization, Graph/ Network Analytics
- Experience in cluster and cloud computing environments
- Proven ability to teach in one or more areas of computer science including Artificial Intelligence, Programming and Algorithm Design, and Analysis
- Desire and ability to work respectfully and inclusively in a diverse, multicultural, multidisciplinary work environment.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply, please send us your interest on email to Prof. Pennan Chinnasamy at p.chinnasamy[at]iitb.ac.in including the following:
- A cover letter describing how you would be a fit for the position
- One-page personal motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications
- Contact information of two references
- Preferred start date.
Professor Pennan Chinnasamy