The National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore invites applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Associates & Project Associates at the institute.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore is a premier institute in India engaged in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research in natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. It was founded by J.R.D. Tata for providing an avenue for administrators, managers, and social leaders for interaction and exchange of information with notable academics in the areas of science, arts, and humanities.
Post-Doctoral Associates (PDA)
Qualification and Eligibility:
- Ph.D. degree in engineering, data science, or applied economics with a strong mathematical foundation, from a reputed Institution/ University with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 7.0 (10-point scale) or CGPA of 3.5 (5-point scale).
- Candidates with sound knowledge about the Input-Output Models, and with experiences of handling large matrices of data will be given preference.
- Proficiency in using MS Excel is desirable. Good writing skills would prove to be an added advantage for the candidates during the selection.
- The candidates must have at least 2 journal papers in the Scopus Indexed reputed journals.
Qualification and Eligibility
- Master’s degree in engineering, data science, or applied economics with a strong mathematical foundation, from a reputed Institution/ University with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 7.0 (10-point scale) or CGPA of 3.5 (5-point scale).
- Knowledge of Input-Output Models and experiences in handling large matrices of data is needed. Proficiency in using MS Excel is
- Good writing skills would prove to be an added advantage for the candidates.
- The candidates preferably should have at least 1 journal paper in a Scopus Indexed reputed journal (the publication is not mandatory).
- Candidates with 1-2 years of research experience will be given preference.
- Fresh postgraduate pass-outs with outstanding academic credentials will also be considered favorably.
The appointment will be for the Project duration (9 months). The selected candidates will have to work from NIAS, Bengaluru. In case the pandemic-induced lockdown continues to be in place, some special arrangements can be done at the discretion of the NIAS Administration. The monthly emoluments will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their updated curriculum vitae, journal publications (as indicated above) and a brief statement of interest explaining why they are interested in joining the Project. The PDA applicants must include a list of 3 references in the application material.
NIAS will accept only applications submitted by email. Please collate all documents in a single electronic folder and email it to the PI of the project Dr. Rudrodip Majumdar at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receipt of emailed applications is July 10th, 2021. Please
state: Postdoctoral Associate/ Project Associate for NIAS-IREL Project in the subject line of the email.
You might also be interested in: