IIT Kanpur invites application for the post of Project Post-Doc Fellow (post-doctoral research fellow) in the SERB project “Understanding The Self-Assembly Of Amphiphilic Molecules In Supercooled Solvents Using Molecular Simulations”.
The candidate would be responsible for developing coarse-grain models of amphiphilic surfactants in aqueous systems and investigate the nucleation behavior under a supercooled environment using molecular simulations.. The candidate would be working with two members of the group and also will get an opportunity to collaborate on the subject with a company. The candidate will also have to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
- Ph.D. in Physics/ Physical Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering.
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have significant experience in quantum/classical molecular simulations.
- The candidate should have experience in coding.
- Additional experience in molecular simulation of self-assembly of surfactant, Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation, and coarse-graining would be desirable.
- Experience in using GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS, etc.
The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If the performance of the candidate is good.
Rs. 50,000 / 55,000 / 60,000/- per month
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their CV and relevant documents. The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for shortlisting of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. The Selection will be based on the Zoom / Skype online interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed with an email about the date of the interview.
The last date to apply is June 10, 2020.
Phone Number: 0512 259 6141
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Helen Hay Whitney Foundation Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship 2020 [Fully Funded]: Apply by June 15.