Applications are invited for PM Yoga Awards 2022 by MyGov. The last date of registration is 30 April.
The awards are being proposed to be given each year for exemplary contribution in the field of Yoga towards the development and promotion of Yoga. It has been proposed that the contribution be recognized both at the National as well as International levels.
The award would be given annually on the occasion of “International Day of Yoga (IDY)” (21ST June). 21ST June has been declared as IDY, commonly referred to as Yoga Day, by the United Nations General Assembly.
Nomenclature of the Awards
In order to ensure that proponents who are making excellent contribution to Yoga are honoured, the Prime Minister of India, on the occasion of International Day of Yoga in 2016, had announced awards for promotion and development of Yoga.
- Prime Minister’s award for outstanding contribution towards promotion and development of Yoga at National Level (2 Nos)
- Prime Minister’s award for outstanding contribution towards promotion and development of Yoga at International Level (2 Nos)
The awards would be given in two categories – National and International. The awards would be given to entities with impeccable track record and outstanding contribution in the promotion and development of Yoga. In a particular year, the Jury may decide to give awards to one or more individuals/organizations or to none. An entity which has received award once may not be considered again for conferring award in the same category.
National: The two National Awards will be given to entities of Indian origin, for their contribution towards promotion and development of Yoga.
International: The two International Awards will be given to entities of Indian or foreign origin, for their contribution towards promotion and development of Yoga across the Globe.
The intent of the awards is to recognize entities who have made significant and outstanding contribution towards the promotion and development of Yoga.
In this regard, the applicants/nominees for these awards should have a rich experience in and deep understanding of Yoga.
The applications / nominations can be submitted through this page.
- The name of the winners will be announced on the 8th International Day of Yoga (21st June 2022)
- The winners will be felicitated by means of a Trophy, Certificate and a Cash Award
- The value of each Cash Award would be Rs. 25 lakh
- In-case of joint winners, the awards would be divided amongst the winners
You may also be interested in: