Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) under the aegis of the National Defence Fund, was introduced from the academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical & professional education for the dependent wards & widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) Personnel.
Number of Scholarship:
Total 2000 of Scholarship to be sanctioned equally for both girls & boys under PMSS will be given for the each academic year in addition to renewal cases of previous years. Shortfall in fresh cases shall not be adjusted from girls/boys, if applicants (Boys/Girls) are selected less than 1000.
- Wards/widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died in harness/election duty, wards of personnel disabled due to causes attributable to Government service and Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Wards/widows of retired and serving CAPFs & AR Personnel. (Personnel below Officer Rank).
- Pursuing first professional degree programme in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, B. Pharma, B.SC (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.), MBA and MCA etc. in accordance with the guidelines as mentioned in Para- 8 (B).
- Having minimum 60% marks in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent in case of new applicant. For applicants applying under renewal category, it is mandatory to pass the each subsequent academic year of the professional courses being pursued by them with minimum 50% marks.
- A grace period of one year only for cases, where there is a delay on part of candidate for submission of application for renewal of scholarship may be entertained.
Duration of Scholarship:
Up to five years (depending upon the duration of the course being pursued by the applicant and as approved by the respective regulatory body).
Amount of Scholarship:
- 2250/-per month for girls.
- 2000/- per month for boys.
To be paid annually after selection @ Rs 27000/- to each girl & Rs 24000/- to each boy.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017.
Click here to apply.
Wards of deceased/retired& serving personnel of CAPFs/AR may contact WARB on Telephone number 011-23063111 or email to Secywarbmha@nic.in.
For further details on the same, click here.