Registrations are invited for Planetarium Innovation Challenge 2021 by MeitY (Govt of India). The last date of registration is 10 October 2021.
India has made great strides in Space research under the able leadership of our Space scientists and today ISRO is regarded to be the most capable and competitive space agency, compared to the best in the world. India’s Space Missions have led to an increased interest amongst the students and youth towards Space research and understanding to learn more about the outer Space.
Planetariums in metros and other big cities attract a large number of students and provide first exposure to learn more about Space. There have been efforts made to increase the availability of Planetariums in smaller cities and even in rural areas. Worldwide, efforts have been made for integrating Augmented Reality (A.R.), Virtual Reality (V.R.) and Merged Reality (M.R.) technologies into Planetariums.
Mobile Planetariums have also become popular and provide an opportunity for people in rural areas to get experience of a planetarium. Several Indian start-ups and tech firms have the potential to build such AR/VR/MR solutions as also provide mobile planetarium solutions.
With an objective to recognize the best such Indian solutions, MyGov under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), the Government of India, invites applications from Indian Startups and tech entrepreneurs for an Innovation Challenge to develop state-of-the-art technology for our Planetariums. Selected solutions will not only be given cash rewards but also an opportunity to deploy them in various cities and rural areas by getting them listed on the GeM portal.
- The participants should be Indian Citizens or companies/Start-up with a majority stake of Indian Citizens.
- The Contest is open to the following entities:–Start-ups, Indian Legal EntitiesRegistration proof shall be submitted at the time of application. It should have a minimum of 51% shareholding of Indian citizens and should not be barred or blacklisted anywhere for government work. Blacklisted means that participants shall not have been blacklisted or debarred from tendering for corrupt or fraudulent practices or non-delivery, non-performance by Govt. of India and/or any State Government and/or any Central/State P.S.U. at the time of bid submission date.Individual /Team
- Suppose Applicant(s) is(are) not yet registered as Start-up. they are still allowed to submit ideas, but are required to be registered as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act,2013) or registered as a partnership firm (registered under section 59 of the Partnership Act,1932) or a limited liability partnership (under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) in India (as per definition available in the latest notification of DIPP at http://startupindia.gov.in) on or before 30 days from the date of declaration of stage 1 result otherwise applicant will be disqualified.
- An entity shall be considered a ‘start-up’ as per definition of Start-up notified by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) vide G.S.R. order no. 127(E) dated 19th February 2019:
- Up to ten years from the date of incorporation/ registration, if it is incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or registered as a partnership firm (registered under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or a limited liability partnership (under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) in India.
- Turnover of the entity for any of the financial years since incorporation/ registration has not exceeded one hundred Crore rupees.
- The entity is working towards Innovation, development, or improvement of products or processes or services or a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
- An entity formed by splitting up or reconstructing an existing business shall not be considered a ‘Start-up’.
- Innovative Security Products being developed should not have violated/ breached/ copied any product already launched and copyrighted or patented.
- For the product to be developed as part of the Challenge, if any I.P.R./Patent is being used, the contesting entity must possess the legitimate rights to use the I.P.R./Patents.
- The product to be developed for the Challenge should be designed and developed in India.
The Innovation Challenge is open for participation by experts from all domains of planetarium technology.
This stage intends to invite bright minds to collaborate and propose innovating and cutting-edge ideas for their solution. The ideas will be evaluated for being technically competent by a Selection Committee comprising of experts from academia, industry, and Government.
This is the critical phase within Innovation Challenge to build upon the idea and concept around a prototype of an indigenous software solution using the latest technology (A.R./V.R./M.R.). The participants would present their prototypes to a distinguished Jury who would then select top three (3) entries. If needed, there will be mentors assigned to the top 3 to help PLANETARIUM INNOVATION CHALLENGE to develop the best solution as per the requirement.
Selected participants may get a chance of a lifetime to deploy a fully functioning product based on their working prototype at planetariums. The Prototype will be presented to the Grand Jury and would be evaluated based on parameters including Innovation, Replicability, Scalability, Usability, and Ease of deployment/roll-out and potential risks involved in implementation of the solution.
|1.||Program Launch Date||11th September 2021|
|2.||Last Registration Date||10th October 2021|
|3.||Ideation Stage||To be announced|
|4.||Presentation & Prototype Stage||To be announced|
|5.||Product Building Stage||To be announced|
Interested candidates can register online via this page.
|1||Approach towards problem-solving||Product Idea, Degree of|
Innovation, Novelty of Approach.
|2||Business Use Case||U.S.P., Monetization Plan and Vision|
|3||Solution Technical Feasibility||Product Features, Multilingual, Scalability and|
|4||Start-up Type||Start-ups Incubated by Educational Institutions|
|5||Use of latest Tech||Integration of A.R., V.R., M.R.|
into the system
|6||Content||Astronomical Educational Content|
|7||Mobility||The technology used should be mobile and cost effective|
Awards & Outcome
- Fast Track your future: A platform to innovate and deploy the solution according to the requirements
- Customers Outreach: A high viewership platform provide you with the opportunity to showcase promote your Innovation to Leaders from organizations across Indian Industry Sectors
- Grow your expectations: Opportunity to meet peers in the field and get to know the latest advancement in the Ecosystem. Your peers in this Program are the regions’ finest. They are an essential part of the experience, so we ensure you work with the very best.
- Rewards and Recognitions: 1st Prize – Rs. 5 Lakh, 2nd Prize – Rs. 3 Lakh & 3rd Prize – Rs. 2 Lakh.
Click here to view the official notification of Planetarium Innovation Challenge 2021 by MeitY (Govt of India).
You may also be interested in: