Department of Information and Public Relations, Government of Jharkhand invites applications from all Indian nationals for Picture Jharkhand Photography Contest 2017. The contest requires the participants to capture the spirit of the people and culture of Jharkhand in their photographs.
- Entry to the contest is open to both amateurs and professionals.
- There is no age limit for the participants.
- Participation is open to individuals only.
- Each participant can send in a maximum of 5 entries only.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can submit their entries with following steps –
Step 1: Click here to register first.
Step 2: Submit the entries by emailing it to email@example.com
Note: Entries submitted without registration will not be accepted. The email with the entry should contain the candidates –
- Full name.
- Contact number.
- A brief description of the entry in not more than 500 words.
The incoming entries will be adjudicated by an eminent panel of photographers and industry professionals. The pictures will be judged on the relevance and the quality of perspective presented within the context of the contest theme.
- There is no fixed matrix or judging criteria. All entries will be judged individually and the winners will be selected by consensus of the Jury.
- The submissions must be in .jpeg format. The file size of each entry must not be more than 20 MBs.
- The photographs will need to be in a horizontal format.
- The submitted work must not contain material(s) offensive to any particular community, group, individual or institution.
- Photo-editing can only be done to the extent of cropping, colour correction and tinting. Any of the allowed alterations, once made, must be clearly mentioned at the time of submission.
- Photographs previously published in any media will not be considered eligible for entry and will face immediate disqualification.
- Submitted entries that have previously been awarded at other competitions will not be considered eligible for entry and will face immediate disqualification.
Suchana Bhawan Mayer’s Road, Ranchi University, Morabadi, Ranchi, Jharkhand 834008, India