PhD Studentships (Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering) at Loughborough University, England [Fully Funded]: Apply by Feb 2
About the University
Loughborough University is a public research university in the market town of Loughborough, Leicestershire, in the East Midlands of England. It has been a university since 1966, but the institution dates back to 1909, when the then Loughborough Technical Institute began with a focus on skills and knowledge which would be directly applicable in the wider world.
The School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering aims to be the world’s leading integrated centre for built environment research and education, attending to the entire lifecycle of both buildings and infrastructure through our research, teaching and enterprise programmes.
About the Programme
Applications are invited for PhD studentships to start in October 2020 or January 2021 based in the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering. The School is committed to investing in the next generation of exceptional researchers, and applications are welcomed from high calibre students wishing to pursue research in the following areas:
- building energy
- construction products and processes
- construction projects and organisation
- digital construction
- transport and urban planning
- water engineering
- Each three-year studentship provides a tax-free stipend of £15,009 a year (2019/20 rates – stipend will rise in line with the level set by UK research councils) for the duration of the studentship plus tuition fees at the UK/EU rate.
- International students may apply for these positions, however, funding will only cover tuition fees at the international rate and no stipend will be available – you will be responsible for your own living costs (estimated at £15,000 a year).
|First-class honours (70%)||Upper second-class honours (60%)||Lower second-class honours (50%)|
|Institutions listed on the Indian Ranking of Higher Educational Institutions Framework||65% (First)||60% (First)||55% (Upper second)|
|All other Indian institutions||70% (First with distinction)||65% (First)||60% (First)|
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through this link.
Feb 2, 2020
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222611
For more details, click here.
About the Author