Applications are invited from meritorious candidates for the position of one Ph.D. and two RA positions to work on the IDTR sponsored project on “Driver’s Cognitive State Monitoring”.
- One Full-Time Ph.D. Student
- Two Research Associates
- The Ph.D. student will be primarily responsible for the analysis of collected physiological data signals (Electroencephalography: EEG, Galvanic Skin Response: GSR, Photoplethysmogram: PPG, Electrocardiography: ECG, Electromyography: EMG), report generation, and coordination of the project. In addition, he/she will also be responsible for the scientific manuscript dissemination in relation to the work.
- Two RA’s will be responsible for the data collection at IDTR, New Delhi. Post data collection, both the RA’s will assist the Ph.D. student in the analysis of the data.
- One RA will work on analyzing the vehicle’s data (accelerometer, brake, etc.) in relation to the video/NIR camera feed.
- Other RA will perform psychometric analysis in collaboration with the researchers involved from AIIMS and IIIT-Delhi.
For both Ph.D. and RA students:
- M.Tech / M.S. / M.E. in CS / IT / ECE / EE or allied areas or M.Sc. in Cognitive Science or allied areas and
- B.Tech / B.S. / B.E. in CS / IT / ECE / EE or allied areas, and
- CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 or at least 70% (or equivalent) in the graduation and the post-graduation degree.
For Ph.D. Students:
- 1 – 2 years of research experience in signal processing and machine learning.
- A publication in the relevant area in an international journal/conference of repute.
- Strong background in python and/or Matlab programming.
- Team spirit and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and creativity.
- Knowledge of signal processing and/or computer vision (RA1).
- Knowledge about psychometric analysis and statistical methods (RA2).
- Advanced experience with C++/Python and/or Matlab, reusable code and software documentation (RA1 and RA2).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to please send an e-mail to Dr. Jainendra Shukla (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Subject as Application for Ph.D./RA on “Driver’s Cognitive State Monitoring”. Please attach yourupdated CV. Ph.D. applicants also need to provide a 2-page research statement on “Cognitive State Monitoring using Physiological Signals.
The last date to apply is April 26, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com