Siemens Rolling Stock UK is sponsoring PhD projects on Data Analytics and Operational Research as a part of DIAMOND.
Analytics for condition-based maintenance: this research project will focus on developing a combination of data- and model-driven approaches to support the condition-based maintenance of rolling stock equipment.
First or upper second-class BSc honours degree in a relevant subject, or MMath or MPhys (or equivalent).
Since English is not your first language as Indians, you will need to have already reached a satisfactory standard in an approved test in English, such as IELTS grade 6.5, or equivalent, obtained within the last two years.
For more detailed information please see the University page on English Language entry requirements.
Other qualifications can be considered in special situations for all our postgraduate programmes. In these cases candidates should send full details of their training in mathematics with their application.
Even though students are assumed to have a background in mathematics and to be competent mathematicians, many of the courses are designed to meet the varying needs of students who have previously studied mathematics as a minor subject within some other discipline.
How to Apply:
Please fill the application form attached here.
Please provide the following information in your application:
- Grade transcripts for all relevant degrees;
- The names and contact details of two academic referees. We will contact them to ask them to send us reference letters.
- Research area: specify one of Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Pure Mathematics and Statistics. You can also be more specific and identify a research field of particular interest to you in one of these four research areas.
- If possible, the name of one or two possible supervisors;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal statement of why you are interested in studying for a PhD.
The last date for application is July 15.
+44 (0)23 8059 7385