The Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) CAM and ICTS invite applications from highly motivated candidates interested in pursuing doctoral research in Mathematics. The students will receive a degree through the Mathematics Subject Board of the Graduate School of TIFR.
Students selected for regular PhD (M.A./M.Sc./M.Tech./ME) need to complete the coursework requirements and register for Ph.D. within 2 years of joining. At the end of the coursework, the student needs to pass a comprehensive exam after which he/she can register for a Ph.D.
- All applicants are required to appear for national level entrance tests (TIFR graduate studies admission test, GATE, UGC/CSIR test for JRF) conducted at different centers nationally.
- These entrance tests will cover basic topics in mathematics, applied mathematics or engineering.
- Top candidates from these tests can apply to appear in the next phase of the selection process. Performance in the national level entrance test, along with the additional information requested in the online application form will be used to shortlist candidates for interviews conducted at ICTS for CAM-ICTS Joint Ph.D. Program in Mathematics.
All the selected students receive a graduate scholarship from ICTS. The current scholarship amounts for Ph.D. are given below:
- PhD pre-registration: Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- p.m.; Contingency grant: Rs. 40,000/- p.m.
- PhD post-registration (max 5 years from the date of joining): Fellowship: Rs. 35,000/- p.m.; Contingency grant: Rs. 40,000/- p.m.
- Ph.D. post-registration (beyond 5 years up to a max of 1 year): Fellowship: Rs. 17,500/- p.m.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. You will need to upload the scorecard from the admissions test (GATE/UGC-CSIR; this is not required for the TIFR GS exam) electronic copies of your score transcripts, a statement of purpose, and contact details of two referees.
The last date to apply is March 29, 2020.
Phone Number: 91-8046536000
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org