Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the doctoral program at IISER Mohali in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences, and Humanities & Social Sciences, for the session beginning in January 2020. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
- An applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ ICAR- NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
- For DST-Inspire qualified applicants, a provisional offer letter is required at the time of the interview.
- An applicant should have a Masters degree in Chemistry/ Physics or equivalent with at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates OR,
- An applicant should have a Masters degree in Physics or a Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF/ JEST/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Physics OR,
- An applicant should have a Masters/ B.Tech/ M. Tech degree in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/Chemistry/Physics/Environmental Biotechnology OR,
- An applicant should have M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil degree in one or more of the following subjects: Sociology/Anthropology/Geography/Modern Indian OR,
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Apart from applying online, an applicant should send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Geography, etc.) as the subject of the email, failing which the application may not be considered for shortlisting.
- The online application facility will be open till 12.00 noon, October 21, 2019.
Email ID: email@example.com