The Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi invites applications from bright, young and qualified candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program in Economics for the academic year 2020-21.
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (aka. IIIT-Delhi or IIIT-D) was created as a State University by an act of Delhi Government (The IIIT Delhi Act, 2007) empowering it to do research and development, and grant degrees. In a relatively short time, it has earned an excellent reputation in India and abroad for being a center of quality education and research in IT and interdisciplinary areas.
- Industrial Organization
- Behavioral Economics
- Game Theory and Market Design
- Political Economy and Development
- M.A./ M.Sc/ M.Phil in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or basic sciences B.Tech/ M.Tech. in any discipline and/or MBA.
- Students applying with M.A./ M.Sc/ M.Phil need to have secured at least the second division (at least 50% marks or 5.5 CGPA on a scale of 10).
- Students applying with B.Tech/ M.Tech need to have secured at least 70% marks or 7.5 CGPA on a scale of 10
- Students applying with an MBA Degree need to have secured at least 70% marks or 3.0 CGPA on a scale of 4.
Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which may be supplemented by a written test, if necessary.
The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written tests, and/or interviews. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for the interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- There is no application fee for the Ph.D. program.
- Candidates can apply only through the online application portal.
- There is no provision for offline submission of application forms.
- UGC-JRF qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The last date to apply is June 30, 2020.