SVNIT Surat invites applications from meritorious and motivated candidates for admission into various departments for the Ph.D. program 2020. The last date to apply is November 15, 2019.
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat invites application for Ph.D. in the following Departments
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
The eligibility for the admission to a Ph.D. Programme in faculty of Engineering, Science, Humanities and Social Science as well as Interdisciplinary areas are as follows:
- A candidate shall possess Master’s Degree in the relevant area of research and should have passed with at least a second class with a minimum of 50%(CGPA=5.5) or equivalent in respective Engineering faculty and 55% in other cases, like programs related to Humanities and Sciences.
- If a student of full-time M. Tech. Programme at the Institute willing to change over to a Ph.D. Programme of the Institute, he may be permitted to do so in the beginning of the second year provided He / She has obtained a CGPA of 9.0 or above after having registered for the full credits of course work in each of the first and second semesters of M. Tech. program.
- Candidates, who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptionally good academic record (CGPA 9.0 / equivalent marks or higher) in prescribed discipline, will also be considered for direct admissions to a Ph.D. program subject to if He / She should be eligible for admission to an M.Tech. / M.E. program in a relevant stream by virtue of his excellent valid GATE score. He / She should be top 10% scorer of his/her related branch.
Regular full-time scholars may be awarded scholarship / Assistantship as per MHRD / Institute guidelines.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply for various Ph.D. programs by November 15, 2019.
- Only those candidates who have successfully defended M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc./M.Phil./M.A. thesis will be allowed to appear for the Ph.D. interview.
- Multiple programs may be applied by the applicant. Separate registration and application fee is required for each program.
- To apply online, click here.
Phone Number: 0261 2201618