NIT Mizoram invites applications from meritorious candidates for admission into the Ph.D. program in various departments (Feb – June 2020 session).
- Civil Engg: Geotechnical/Geo-environmental Engineering
- Computer Science and Engg: machine learning, pattern recognition, Artificial intelligence, Data mining, etc
- Electronics and Communication Engg: Nanoelectronics, Semiconductor Devices, Nanomaterials, Optoelectronic devices, Microwave Communication, Communication.
- Electrical and Electronics Engg: Power System, High Voltage
- Basic Sciences & HSS
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Coordination Nanochemistry
- Maths: Operations Research, Nonsmooth Optimization, Stochastic Optimization, Fuzzy Optimization, Fractional Calculus, Mathematical Programming, CFD.
- English: Popular Culture, Indian Writing in English, Gender Studies, Post-colonial Studies, Regional Literature, Poetry
- For Ph.D. in Engineering: Masters Degree in the area of Engineering/Technology from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks in the qualifying examinations. OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 or 70% of marks and with a valid GATE score.
- For Ph.D. in Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics): Masters Degree in the area of Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET/GATE. However, NET/GATE is not compulsory for the part-time category.
- For Ph.D. in HSS (Economics/English): Masters Degree in the area of Economics/English from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale or 55 % of marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET examination conducted by UGC/CSIR. However, NET is not compulsory for the part-time category.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can download the application form by clicking here.
- Candidates are advised to mention their contact No. & Email Ids in the application forms. Names of the short-listed candidates for attending test/interview shall be made available on the Institute’s website or maybe intimated by e-mail by the respective Head of the Department.
- Scanned copy of filled-in application form and the supporting documents complete in all respects should be mailed to the concerned HoDs/in-charges latest by 15th November 2019 up to 5:00 PM.
Phone Number: 0389-2391699
Email ID: email@example.com