IISER Tirupati invites applications for admission to the Ph.D. program, January 2020. IISER Tirupati admits students in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Earth and Climate Sciences and associated interdisciplinary areas of research. In addition to research, the program involves coursework and teaching assistantship.
- Biology: Plant Molecular and Stress Biology, Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Genetics and Genome Stability, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, DNA nano-biology and Single Molecule Spectroscopy
- Chemistry: Theoretical & Computational Chemistry, Physical & Materials Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry. Other interdisciplinary areas.
- Earth & Climate Science: Igneous Petrology, Mineralogy, Rare Metal, and Rare Earth (RMRE) mineralization
- For Biology: tudents with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in Master’s degree in any branch of Science Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences/Ecological Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Psychology M.Tech/ M.VSc or MBBS degree or any equivalent degree.
- For Chemistry: Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in master’s degree in any branch of Science: Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology or ME/M.Tech or any equivalent degree.
- For Earth & Chemistry Science: Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 out of 10-point scale in master’s degree in Geology/Geophysics/Physics/Meteorology /Atmospheric science/ or any equivalent degree.
Interested candidates can register for the Ph.D. program by clicking here.
- Closing date of Online Application: Nov 4, 2019
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview: Nov 12-15, 2019 (Tentative)
- Interview of Shortlisted Candidates : Dec 5-6, 2019 (Tentative)
- Announcement of Interview Results: Dec 15, 2019 (Tentative)
- Registration of Ph.D. Programme: 01 Jan 2020
Phone Number: +91 (0877) 2500 400