IISER Pune invites applications from meritorious and hard-working candidates for admission into various Ph.D. programs for the year 2020. Only Biology and Chemistry disciplines would be conducting admissions for the session starting in January 2020.
For all other disciplines, the next round of admissions will be for the session starting in August 2020.
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in Masters’ Degree in any branch of Science: Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biological Sciences / Ecology & Environmental Sciences / Biodiversity / Psychology or equivalent. BE / B.Tech / M.Tech or MBBS degree holders may also apply. OR,
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10-point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD (Specially Abled) candidates) in Masters’ Degree in any branch of Science: Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Biology or equivalent. Candidates with BE /B.Tech /B.Pharm /ME/M.Tech /M. Pharm degree/Integrated BS-MS degree holders satisfying the above criteria of marks can also apply.
- Prime Ministers Research Fellowship (PMRF)* for activation at IISER Pune as a hosting institution in the discipline of choice. The certificate/fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission as of 01 January 2020.
- The candidate must have qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) with VALID* CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF
How to Apply?
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. program. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st January 2020
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates.
- To apply online, click here.
- The last date to apply for the Biology department is October 30, 2019, while the chemistry department is October 20, 2019.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org