Applications are invited for the Junior Fellowship program at Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Uttarakhand leading to Ph.D. Students admitted to the Ph.D. program are initially offered a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
The JRF joins the Ph.D. program after the successful completion of the course work. On completion of two years as a Junior Research Fellow, a student is offered a Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) after an assessment.
The total tenure of the fellowship may not ordinarily exceed five years, inclusive of the course work. Once a student submits the thesis within five years, and enhanced fellowship amount may be given for a further period of one year.
- M. Sc. Physics with minimum 55% marks for General/ OBC and 50% for SC/ ST.
- The Post-graduation degree should be from a UGC recognized college/University.
- The candidate should have passed M. Sc. on or after 2018.
- Students who are appearing in M. Sc. final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish the proof of M. Sc. qualification at the time of joining.
- Age limit: 28 years as on July 1, 2020 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1992). The Upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed as per the UGC rules.
- Applicants should have qualified JEST-2020 in Physics -OR- CSIR/UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics/ Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science (2018/19) -OR- GATE – 2019/GATE -2020 qualified in Physics/ Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ranks in JEST/ GATE/ CSIR, UGC-NET, and M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES.
- Fulfilling the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a call for the interview.
- Candidates with external fellowships (CSIR-JRF, DST Inspire) may be given preference.
Rs 31000/- per month (JRF); Rs 35000/- per month (SRF).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 5, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Program in Economics at IIIT Delhi: Apply by June 30.