Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the a Ph.D. position with Dr. Chalapathi, Assistant Professor, BITS-Pilani Campus, Rajasthan.
About BITS Pilani
BITS Pilani is a premier technological university in India which was set up in 1964 as Deemed -to-be-University. It is now recognized an Institute of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India granting it greater autonomy and recognition.
Dr. Chalapathi is an Assistant Professor, BITS-Pilani, India. He obtained his Ph.D. from BITS Pilani in Internet of Things He carried out his postdoctoral research from The University of Melbourne under the supervision of Prof. Rajkumar Buyya, Distinguished Professor, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
About the Position
Dr. Chalapathi is currently looking for full-time Ph.D. student to work on the following domains:
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles or Drones- Security, other communication protocols
- 5G- network slicing and other areas
- Internet of Things
- Edge Computing and Machine Learning
- Other vibrant topics in Embedded Systems
The candidate will have to also appear for an interview in Department of EEE, BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus and apply for the Ph.D. Admissions of the institute. However, the candidate must first apply to Dr. Chalapathi for the Ph.D. position with him.
While working with him, the candidate will get an opportunity to work with reputed researchers across the world like
1) Prof. Rajkumar Buyya, Distinguished Professor, University of Melbourne, Australia (http://www.buyya.com/cv.html#papersj)
2) Prof. Biplab Sikdar, National University of Singapore (https://www.ece.nus.edu.sg/stfpage/bsikdar/)
3) Dr. Md Redowan Mahmud, RMIT University, Melbourne (https://www.rmit.edu.au/contact/staff-contacts/academic-staff/m/mahmud-dr-md-redowan)
The minimum criteria for the applicants will be.:
- M.E. in Embedded Systems/ Computer Science from an institute of repute with a CGPA of at least 7.5 or 75% (in percentage system)
- Previous project experience in Machine Learning, Deep learning and Image processing is a must
- Good publication record will be desirable
- A zeal to publish in top-tier journals
If you are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. under his supervision and have a funding from agencies like UGC/CSIR JRF/SRF, please apply here and follow the procedure given in the section “Application Procedure” .
Even if you do not have your own funding and want to take admission in the Ph.D. programme of BITS for II-Semester 2020-21, you can still apply here and and follow the procedure given in the section “Application Procedure”.
Rs. 31,000 per month + performance related stipend top-ups are available
The stipend is available for 5 years (maximum). However, the candidate will be encouraged to complete his Ph.D. quickly.
NOTE: Students with M.Tech. in Power Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Power Systems and related branches in Electrical Engineering NEED NOT APPLY TO THIS POST.
How to Apply?
- The candidate can apply using the Google form available here.
- The last Date to apply for this position to Dr. Chalapathi through the above google form is 7th July 2021.
- Shortlisted candidate will be interviewed through Skype or similar online platform. Notification of the same will be sent to the shortlisted candidate through email.
- The candidate selected through the online interview can then apply to BITS Pilani for Ph.D. application for I Semester 2021-22.
July 12, 2021
Note: This is a sponsored post.