The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations.
Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
Who can Apply
- Master degree in materials science, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or physics
- Good knowledge of metallurgy
- Knowledge of crystallography, neutron / X-Ray diffraction and / or electron microscopy
- High motivation and ability to work independently in a collaborative and interdisciplinary research team
- Good communication skills in English (oral / writing)
- Programming skills will be an asset
How to Apply
To apply online, click here.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
January 31, 2020
Dr Efthymios Polatidis,
Phone +41 56 310 39 48