The University of Kashmir is a university located on the western side of Dal Lake in the city of Srinagar, which lies in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It has been awarded Grade “A+” with CGPA 3.31 by the NAAC on 20/05/2019.
The university invites applications for MPhil and PhD courses for the 2019 academic year.
Eligibility (Integrated M.Phil & Ph.D programmes):
The candidates interested in seeking admission to Integrated M.Phil & Ph.D programmes must have secured atleast:
- 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, excluding grace/statutory marks, if any, in Master’s Degree in the concerned subject/allied subject from a recognized university or in any recognized Professional Degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the Equivalence Committee of the University or an equivalent Degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under law having this mandate or by an Equivalence Committee of the University; or
- 50% marks, excluding the grace/statutory marks, if any, if Master’s Degree has been obtained prior to 19th Septemebr,1991.
- a relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or equivalent relaxation of grade shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories of candidates as provided under University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil/Ph.D Degrees) Regulation-2016.
Eligibility (Ph.D Programme):
- The candidates who have successfully completed M.Phil Degree from the University of Kashmir with grade ‘A’ or ‘B’ or the candidates having been selected to the M.Phil Programme on the basis of entrance test and successfully completed M.Phil degree from any other recognized university, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale where ever grading system is followed) or any other equivalent Degree declared so for the purposes of these Statutes by the Equivalence Committee of the University shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D Programme.
- However, a relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or equivalent relaxation of grade shall be allowed for the M.Phil pass out candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled and other categories of candidates as provided under University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil/Ph.D Degrees) Regulation-2016.
- The admission to Integrated M.Phil & Ph.D programmes shall be made on the basis of the merit secured in the Entrance Test.
- Eligible candidates shall have to qualify the Entrance Test by securing altleast 50% marks.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC NET (including JRF)/CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/SET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship or any other equivalent test declared so by the UGC or have passed M.Phil with least 55% marks or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) shall be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test.
- The candidates who have secured 50% marks in the Entrance Test shall be declared qualified and eligible for selection.
- The tie in the marks secured by the candidates in the Entrance Test shall be resolved on the basis of the percentage of marks secured by them in their Master’s or Equivalent Degree.
- Any challenge to answer key of the answer paper shall be resolved on the basis of the Statutes/Regulations/Guidelines in vogue in the University of Kashmir to this effect pertaining to the Entrance Test for admission to Master’s Courses/ programmes.
- The list of qualified candidates prepared by the concerned Dean will be forwarded to Dean Research for approval. After the approval is granted by Dean Research list of the candidates qualifying Entrance Test will be notified by the Dean of the School and made available on the website of the university.
- The eligible candidate shall approach the prospective supervisors and decide about the broad area in which to pursue the research programme.
- The candidates having qualified the Entrance Test as well as the candidates exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test, shall be required to appear before the DRC to ascertain
- student interest
- research aptitude
- area of specialization/interest
and DRC shall finalize the list of selected candidates and their supervisors.
- Mere appearance in the list of qualified candidates shall not entitle a candidate to the final selection, if he/she is either found otherwise in-eligible or there is no vacancy available in the Department/Centre/Institute.
Eligibility for Part-time Registration:
The basic eligibility and admission procedure for part-time registration shall be the same as is applicable to full time registration but part time registration for Ph. D/ Integrated M.Phil & Ph.D programmes shall be open to only:
- University teachers with at least two years of substantive service;
- Permanent scientists of nationally recognized institutions with atleast four years of substantive service;
- College teachers with at least four years of substantive service;
- Non-teaching employees of the universities/nationally recognized educational and research institutions with at least four years substantive service; and State/Central Govt. employees with at least 7 years of substantive service.
Applicants are also required to deposit non-refundable application fee of Rs.100/- through online mode.
+91 (194) 227 2096