The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences invites applications with a consistently good academic record (First Division/Class) to apply for admission, A.Y: 2020-21 into the Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. Programme.
The applicants are expected to be motivated to make a career in Research. The program is fully residential and the students are offered on-campus accommodations and boarding facilities. The students, after registering with a Research Supervisor, have to undertake a prescribed Course Work Programme.
Integrated Ph.D. Program 2020-21
The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences invites students with a consistently excellent academic record (First Division/Class) to apply for admission into the Integrated Ph.D. Programme in Physical Sciences for admission in the Academic Year 2020-21.
- B.Sc with First Class/ Division i.e. minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer )/EWS / PWD candidates) either in Physics Honours or combination of Physics and Mathematics.
- Mathematics and Chemistry should have to be taken as an allied subject in B.Sc along with Physics.
- The candidates should have qualified JEST 2020 or NGPE 2020. [NGPE ’20 qualified students should clear one National Level Test (CSIR-UGC-NET- JRF/JEST/GATE) within 2 years of M.Sc. duration.
Rs 12,000 during the first two years. The successful completion of the Course Work will lead to an M.Sc Degree by the University of Calcutta, and thereafter, upon meeting the eligibility criteria, the students will be inducted as JRF. They will get Stipend at par with the Centre’s JRF if admitted to the JRF program. The program is strictly residential – all students will be provided on-campus accommodation.
Ph.D. Program 2020-21
The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences invites applications with a consistently good academic record (First Division/Class) to apply for admission, A.Y: 2020-21 into the Ph.D. Programme in Physical, Chemical & Biological Sciences. The applicants are expected to be motivated to make a career in Research.
- Department of Astrophysics & Cosmology (AC) & Department of Theoretical Sciences (TS)
- Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Material Sciences (CMP&MS)
- Department of Chemical, Biological and Macro Molecular Sciences (CBMS)
- Masters in Science/ Technology with First Class/ Division i.e., minimum 60% (55% for SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ EWS/ Differently abled candidates) in Physics and Applied Mathematics OR
- Masters in Science/Technology with First Class/Division i.e., minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/EWS/Differently able candidates) in the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Engineering Physics, Bio-informatics, Chemical Engineering, Electronics, Applied Optics & Photonics, Applied Physics, Radio Physics & Electronics, Polymer Science & Technology.
The candidate should have qualified GATE, JEST, NET-CSIR, or NET-JRF.
How to Apply?
There is a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500/- for General category candidates & Rs.250/- for reserved categories (including Women).The fee to be paid through NEFT / RTGS Mode only.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply online is May 31, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Admissions to M.Tech., Dual degree (M.Tech-Ph.D.), Ph.D. & M.Sc. in Digital Humanities at IIT Jodhpur: Apply by May 10.