The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore invites applications for admission to its Ph.D. and Integrated M.Tech & Ph.D. Admissions for the upcoming academic year.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is a premier national center for research and development in observational astronomy, theoretical astrophysics, and related physics. The main campus of the institute is in Koramangala, Bangalore. It operates observational facilities at Kodaikanal, Kavalur, Gauribidanur, and Hanle over a wide range of the electromagnetic spectrum, and experimental facilities at its campus in Hosakote near Bangalore. The institute is also participating in national and international development projects on ground-based as well as space-borne observational facilities.
Applications are invited from interested students, who expect to complete their M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc. or M.E./ M.Tech. degrees by July 2021 and have qualified through JEST/ GATE/ JRF in NET-CSIR-UGC exam.
You may apply if :
- you have qualified for JRF in the NET/CSIR/UGC exam (Dec 2018 onwards), or
- scored 97 percentile or above in the JEST (2020 onwards), or
- scored 98 percentile or above in GATE (2019 onwards)
Candidates applying for the IIA-Ph.D program based on their GATE/ JEST score must have qualified in the PHYSICS paper of GATE / JEST.
- Initial screening will be conducted based on the overall academic performance. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview. Original documents of all academic records (mark sheets, certificates, etc.) must be produced upon demand. If any information is found to have been falsified in the online application, it will lead to automatic and immediate disqualification of the candidate.
- The interview will be held online (by audio-visual /audio means) or in Bangalore.
- In case of difficulty in holding the interview, candidates will be selected based on their academic records.
- In the worst case, the admission process is likely to be suspended.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is July 13, 2021.
You might also be interested in: