Doctoral study within the School of Economics and Finance at the University of St Andrews is an excellent preparation for careers in different fields. Previous alumni have subsequently followed successful careers in academia, industry, finance, public sector institutions, central banks and international organizations such as the United Nations, International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
University of St. Andrews, Scotland invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for a Ph.D. in economics starting from the August Session.
- Successful applicants for the Ph.D. will normally already have a good MSc degree equivalent to the School’s programs in Economics or Finance and Economics.
- Verify that your proposed topic falls within the areas of expertise covered in our department.
- A single detailed research proposal of up to 2000 words
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A scholarly writing sample (generally an essay from previous coursework on a relevant topic)
- Evidence of qualifications (transcripts)
- Two letters of reference
- Evidence of English proficiency is required.
The research proposal should give a detailed description of your planned research project, touching on the following points:
- Your research questions and their relation to previous work on the topic or field. Please tell us what new contributions your work will bring to your topic.
- The theoretical framework
- Your planned methodology
- A rough outline of your research that will lead to a dissertation
- References to the relevant literature and materials to be used
How to Apply?
- Most Ph.D. students begin their programs in late August, so we recommend that you begin the process as early as possible in the academic year.
- The School has limited funding available for select applications.
- To apply online, click here.
- Ph.D. students are expected to live within commuting distance of the University for the entirety of their degree.
Phone Number: +44 (0)1334 46 2439
Email ID: email@example.com