About the CESS
Established in 1980, the Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS) is an autonomous research institution supported by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi and the Government of Telangana. The Centre’s research revolves around issues related to the economy, polity and society with a special emphasis on India and the state of Telangana among others.
The Centre has state of art library, computing and other infrastructural facilities available for carrying out good quality research. It is situated in a beautiful campus in the premises of the Nizamiah Observatory at Begumpet in Hyderabad.
About the Programme
CESS in collaboration with Telangana University, Nizamabad invites applications from candidates below 30 years [for General Category – OC] and 35 years [for Reserved Categories – SC, ST & Differently Abled] of age [as on the date of the Admission Notification] for admission into regular Ph.D Programme in Development Studies for the academic year 2020-2021.
The Programme is offered in the following disciplines:
- Sociology / Anthropology / Social Work
- Development Statistics
- Political Science / Public Administration
- Commerce / Business Management [Related to Research Areas of CESS]
Candidates for admission to the PhD programme should qualify and pass:
- Post-Graduate Degree with at least 55 per cent marks or its equivalent Grade [50 per cent marks for SC/ST/ Differently-Abled categories] in the concerned subject from any recognized university.
- An M.Phil Degree in the subject concerned from any recognized university
- Candidates qualified in the National level tests in UGC-NET, for JRF, State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or Candidates in UGC – FDP (Faculty Development Programme) and Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship holders.
The fee structure is as follows:
- Admission Fee Rs. 5,000/- (Rs. Five Thousand only) – One time
- Tuition Fees Rs. 25,000/- (Rs. Twenty Five Thousand only) – Per Annum
- Course Work Examination Fee Rs. 500/- (Rs. Five Hundred only) – Per Paper
- Registration Fee Rs. 5000/- (Rs. Five Thousand only) -One time
- Re-Registration Fee Rs. 5000/- (Rs. Five Thousand only) -One time
- Thesis Adjudication Fee Rs. 10000/- (Rs. Ten Thousand only).
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the programme through this link.
- Application submission deadline: 19th July 2020
- Entrance test: Written Test/Online Test – 3rd August 2020
- Interview of shortlisted candidates: Personal/Online – 17th August 2020
- Announcement of selection: 20th August 2020
- Last date for payment of fee: 27th August 2020
- Date of Joining: 1st September 2020
For further details, click here.