Applications are now invited from eligible candidates for admission into the Ph.D. Program in Computational Biology at Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai.
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc) is a leading research institute in the areas of theoretical physics, mathematics, theoretical computer science, and computational biology. In 2013 IMSc started a unique Ph.D. program in computational biology, training students to apply cutting-edge computational and mathematical techniques.
IMSc is an autonomous national research institute under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, and a constituent institution of the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai, a deemed university. Ph.D. degrees will be awarded by HBNI.
Current research interests of faculty in the computational biology group include:
- Biomolecular modeling
- Biophysics and mechanobiology
- Computational neuroscience
- Evolutionary biology
- Infectious disease modeling
- Pattern formation and dynamics
- Regulatory genomics
- Systems and network biology
The core coursework covers essentials of modern biology, essential techniques from physics, mathematics, statistics and computer science, physics of proteins and biomolecules, biological sequence analysis and algorithms, and systems biology. Elective coursework covers various topics in greater depth. Following the coursework and a comprehensive examination, students will embark on research leading to a Ph.D. degree.
The minimum eligibility criteria for this Ph.D. program includes:
- Masters or 4-year Bachelors (B.E. or B.Tech. or equivalent) degree in any branch of science, mathematics or engineering, and
- Test score valid on June 2020 in any national research entrance exam including CSIR-UGC JRF, GATE, JGEEBILS, DBT JRF, BINC, NBHM, and JEST.
Selected candidates will be research fellows at IMSc and will receive fellowships, housing or house rent allowance, and contingency grants.
How to Apply?
Candidates should include with their application:
- A covering letter
- A statement of interest
- A curriculum vitae including university grades/marks
- Results of relevant national entrance exam (CSIR-UGC JRF, GATE, JGEEBILS, DBT JRF, BINC, NBHM, JEST or other.
The Complete applications are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to apply is May 15, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2020 at IIIT Naya Raipur: Apply by April 17.