IIIT Allahabad invites applications from eligible working professionals for Research Studies leading to a Ph.D. degree. Currently, the admission to various Ph.D. programs in the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIITA) is on a full-time basis and on scholarship support. Somehow this is inhibiting even the candidates who could be sponsored and deputed for full-time Ph.D. studies from applying.
Working /Practicing professionals would have gathered so much of work experience and talent, that over time each one could act as a knowledge hub. If such a professional is provided with an opportunity, encouragement and a right push to record his/her experience into an organized document, then such a document could become a literature/reference material for such professionals.
Candidates who satisfy the following conditions are eligible to seek provisional registration for the Ph.D. course:
- The candidate should have employment and his/her area of the proposed research should correspond to that of his/her profession (job).
- A candidate should have M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.S./ MBA/ or any Master’s Degree in the concerned subject or any other degree recognized as equivalent thereto with an overall minimum of 60% of marks (CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale).
Such an aspirant may be exempted from appearing for an entrance test in lieu of sponsorship that she/he holds, however, the candidate has to face the interview process before he/ she could be formally admitted.
The candidate should identify a supervisor/mentor for his study, identify a research topic, identify a relevant field of research from his profession and propose a plan of study. With this pre-preparation, the candidate should apply for registration.
At the time of submission final application, the following documents should be enclosed:
- No Objection Certificate from the place of work.
- Support Rendering Document from the place of work.
- Supervisors’ Acceptance Letter.
- Research Proposal.
- Course Work & Syllabus
To register online for the Ph.D. Program, click here.