Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. Programme (Full Time (Sponsored) & Part-Time only) in Odd
Semester-2020 at the National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand.
The National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand is a public technical university in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It was founded in 2009, as one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India, and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance. It admitted its first batch of students in 2010-11.
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Maths
- Department of English
A candidate is eligible for registration to Ph.D. Program if he/ she satisfies the following conditions:
- A Master’s degree in the concerned or an allied subject with a minimum of 1st class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale if the class is not provided) and GATE/ NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) in the concerned subject or discipline OR,
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1st class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale if the class is not provided) with at least 55% marks at Master’s level and GATE/ NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) in the concerned subject or discipline.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test. There will be objective type questions as per Gate/NET syllabus. The candidate who secures at least 40% marks in the written test will be shortlisted for an interview. The interview shall be conducted on the same day.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to pay Rs. 500/- as application fee (Non-Refundable) through online mode and are required to mention the correct transaction ID along with the date on the application form.
- Account details for payment of application fees online: SBI bank A/C No: 37530602667 Name of A/C holder: Director, NIT Uttarakhand; IFSC Code: SBIN0003181.
- To download the application form, click here.
- Candidates are required to Duly fill the Application form, deposit Fee, and submit the application along with all the supporting documents by registered or speed post to Assistant Registrar (Academic), NIT Uttarakhand on or before 31st July 2020 by 05:00 PM.
- “Ph.D. application form in ….. (Subject) should be mentioned on the top of the envelope.
- The last date to apply is July 31, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2020 at IIITDM Kancheepuram: Apply by July 21.