National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna invites application for admission to Ph. D Programme through institute Online Admission Test and/ or Interview during Odd Semester (July-December’ 2020) for the Session 2020-21.
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Science
- Full-Time Ph.D. Program
- JRF/ SRF working at NIT Patna
- Non-Ph.D. Regular Faculty and Faculty appointed on a consolidated salary of NIT Patna
Candidates with the following qualification will be eligible for admission to the Ph. D. Program of the Institute:
- M. Tech/ M. E./ M. Arch/ M. Planning/ M. Design/ M.Sc./ M. Com./ MBA/ MA or equivalent degree in the relevant and related discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA (in the scale of 10) or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university. The Previous degree may also be in a related discipline.
- Candidates with M. Tech/ M.E/ M. Arch/ M. Planning/ M. Design/ M. Sc./ M. Com./ MBA/ MA or equivalent degree from IITs/ NITs/ CFTU/ SFTI or Central/ State University in relevant discipline are required to produce a proof of having qualified GATEI JA JEST/ CAT or equivalent national eligibility test while taking admission in the master degree in the relevant discipline OR has qualified in one of the national eligibility Test.
- The sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/ NET National level Test qualification.
- B.Tech/ B.E./ B.Arch or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with First class, if not specifically mentioned by the Institution, then 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA with a valid GATE/ NET/ equivalent national eligibility test qualifying score is mandatory
Institute Research Fellowship will be available to the eligible students as per MHRD, GOI norms. The period and amount of research fellowship shall be as per notification of the competent authority from time to time.
The Selected candidate is required to execute un undertaking/ agreement bond mentioning that they will refund the stipend/ scholarship/ assistantship received from the Institute in the case of leaving the program without its completion, irrespective of the reasons at his/ her end on the prescribed format.
How to Apply?
An Application fee is of Rs. 1500- for General/ OBC/ Ews/ Sponsored category and Rs. 750/- for SC/ ST/ PwD needs to be paid online. Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
After submission of the online application, applicant should download the printed application for future reference. The last date to apply is July 28, 2020. The online test will be held on August 3, 2020.
Phone Number: (0612)237-7929
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2020 at Institute for Plasma Research, Gujarat [Monthly Fellowship Rs. 31k]: Apply by July 10.