Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Program in the July cycle of 2020 in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture, Town & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Human Resource Management at the Indian Institute of Education, Science & Technology, Shibpur.
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIEST, Shibpur) started its journey in 1856 as Calcutta Civil Engineering College and emerged as a premier engineering college in the pre-independence India. It was renamed Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur in 1920.
- Regular Candidates with Institute fellowship
- Candidates with Individual Fellowship (CSIR–NET JRF/ UGC–NET JRF/ ICMR/ DST INSPIRE etc)
- Candidates from Sponsored Research Project
- Sponsored Candidates
- Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mechanics
- Architecture, Town and Regional Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The Ph.D. program shall be open to candidates of any Nationality and candidates with the following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program of the Institute:
- Candidates possessing M.Tech/ M.E./ M.Sc.(Engg.)/ M.Arch./ M.U.R.P./ M.Plan./ M.T.R.P./ M.Sc./ M.A./ M.Phil. or an equivalent postgraduate degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a ten-point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree)
are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- To be eligible for Institute Fellowship, the candidates must have completed Master’s program in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture with GATE fellowship or must have qualified GATE/ NET for Science/ Humanities/ Management discipline.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The application portal will open from July 13, 2020, and the last date to apply is August 3, 2020.
Phone Number: +91 (033) 2668 4561
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2020 at NIT Patna: Apply by July 28